8.30.2010

Relive My Wedding Bells in August?


M-Cat has a wedding post that has resurfaced in the form of friendly tag-you're-it!  We're currently sittin' nowhere near Mr LKP's & my anniversary, but what the hay!  So here goes...

1. Where did you and your husband meet?  
the first grade.

2. How long before you kissed?  
lol.  16 years!

3. Who kissed who first?  
trying to be so suave while fueling my car (AT THE GAS STATION YOU SICKOS!!!), he leaned in.  i figured "why not."  turned out great!

4. How long from the time you met until you were engaged?  
Officially?  ...again, 16 years.  lol.  
...from when we ran back into each other for the first time after graduation?  8 months.  
...from when we started dating?  4 months.  from when he proposed?  3 months. 

5. How did he propose?  
he was all playing it safe..."where do you see this going with us?"...."ever think of marriage?"...(me being one who didn't want to appear vulnerable played completely stupid & denied ever thinking about marriage between the two of us, and continued to remind him of his previous plans to move to wyoming to go to school to build race car engines)...eventually, "well what do you think?  you wanna?"...that's it.  no ring.  no down on one knee like in the movies.  so anti-climatic.  i was ticked!  movies lie, dang it!  lol.

6. Did he pick out the ring or did you?
i was adamant i didn't want a rock.  just a simple band for me.  i didn't like diamonds.  but he was stubborn and said HIS woman would have a ROCK!  so he found a lovely emerald-cut.  it was classic.  not bad taste.  though i still didn't like diamonds.  but since it was from him, i decided to like it.  had it set in a platinum head to protect it.  found out AFTER the fact (= the hard way) that i'm allergic to platinum.  couldn't wear it.  had it RESET in white gold.  within a month one of the prongs broke off.  so i'm wearing my $30 "eternity" band from deseret book....haven't taken it off in 4 years & i LOVE it!

7. Do you still like the ring?  
see #6.

8. Where was your wedding and reception?  
we were married within the first year after he got home from his mission.  he was without blemish, but i had some stuff to sort through.  so we married in the church building we grew up attending together.  a year later we were sealed (him, me & my daughter) in the columbia river temple!  

9. How many bridesmaids did you have and who was your maid of honor?   
one.  his cousin, who was my close friend.  my daughter was our flower girl.

10. What color were your bridesmaid dresses?  
green

11. What was your bouquet made of?  
shades of fire tulips (think: reds, bright pinks, flashes of orange, some yellow).

12. Who gave you away?  
my dad.

13. Did you cry during your wedding?  
nope.  my face hurt from smiling so much.  didn't cry until right before our first dance when i gave him a little speech, on the mic, in front of everyone.  i have the speech written down, folded up in a book for him.  makes me cry still whenever i re-read it.

14. What style was your dress?  
simple short sleeves princess seamed w/ tulle ballgown skirt.  think major POOF!  it was difficult to hug or dance close, lol.  but hey, it cost me like $200 in alterations.  not bad!

15. Was your wedding kiss sweet or sexy?  
sweet.  
but i think the embrace right after was the sweetest & my most favorite part!  
he squished into my dressed and just snuggled into my shoulder.  i LOVED it!

16. Who caught your bouquet?  
honestly can't recall.

17. What flavor was your cake?  
decadent vanilla with buttercream icing & raspberry filling layered together for the filling.  then it was drenched in buttercream frosting & cloaked in the most amazing fondant icing.  cake perfection!

18. Did you smash the cake onto each other's faces or feed it to each other nicely? no, i was totally nice to him.  he may have had a tad just barely off his lips.  but we were kind.

19. What was "your song" that you danced to at your wedding?  
"no ordinary love" by jennifer love hewitt  (very unknown to most, but awesome!)
our old standard/second dance song was "what a wonderful world" by louis armstrong.  still makes me melt.  especially if he's whisking me around our kitchen floor!

20. What did you serve your guests to eat?
party subs from subway, fruit, veggies, nuts, cake, punch---simple but nummers!

21. What did your friends do to decorate your car?  
i sweetly wrote on my own car windows with shoe polish.  that's it.  kinda sad, but we were also kinda grateful for no damage.

22. What was your favorite wedding gift?  
our ICI whip creamer?  no no, our crystal glasses from his grandma?  or our pyrex set w/ lids.....yeah!  no.  i know, our deep fryer!!!!  man we gained some WEIGHT that first year!  lol.

23. What was the worst wedding gift you got?  
i don't remember a bad gift.  my dad gave my husband a shotgun...perhaps as a joke, but mostly because  dad either lives, eats, sleeps, breathes guns or cars....and so does my husband.  so it wasn't a bad gift!

24. Where did you go on your honeymoon?  
we couldn't decide.  so we sat at a jack in the box on the side of the highway, flipped a coin.  heads=seattle, tails=spokane.  heads won.  was a blast, but in all the places we went we kept missing mini-me & thinking how much she'd have loved the adventures.  so we came home 3 days early!

25. Looking back, is there anything you would have changed about your wedding? i'd have spent more money on a bigger cake...and maybe i'd have gone with a straight skirt on my dress.  but other than that?  no.  wouldn't change a thing.  well except i'd have been temple-ready when he proposed!

So I too now tag anyone that wants to play along and relive their wedding day!  It's actually QUITE FUN to stroll down this memory lane.  (:

5 comments:

EYE can make that! said...

I love this post.
You looked beautiful!!!! So happy :D I personaly love your dress! I love tulips... they're my fav flower.
We didn't do a sexy kiss... it was just a quick one, it was so quick our photographer missed it.... oops! I was really embarrassed to kiss in front of everyone.
Hope you had a good weekend.
Goodnight my friend :)

CB said...

Keely you guys are such a great couple!!
I knew part of the story but I love knowing it all - and your happy ending (wink!).

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That was such a great story! You are both so cute. That was fun!

S.I.F. said...

You look SO beautiful! And I love that you guys got married so quickly after reconnecting and that you are still so happy... gives me hope, because I feel like I am starting to get OLD!

mCat said...

I LOVE THIS!!

It is so fun to read and see about other's wedding days! You are a cute couple!

And, thanks for the linky love!!

Spread Your Love For the Gusty Ridge Ranch

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Gratitude Accessed Here