12.24.2011

A Gusty Ridge Ranch Christmas


'Twas the day before Christmas
And all through the house,
Not a creature is stirring,
Not even my spouse.

Packages are all wrapped,
Most recipes have been made.
And to her dad's for a visit, 
Mr LKP whisked Mini-Me away.

A sweet call from a friend 
has just been hung up.
The dogs are outside
Blissfully running amuck.

While cranberries & oranges 
are simmering away,
Bing's crooning of an axe, apple & jacket 
from back in the day.

In this serene Christmas moment,
My thoughts are reflective
Of this year's activities
And our busy perspective.

2011's been a struggle,
There've been heartaches - no lie.
Why, just this month's been trouble,
Even our health's been awry.

Despite all these set backs - 
Despite several tears,
We've also been given many
Sweet blessings this year.

Stockings are hung from the shelf,
Why dwell on specifics?
With what-ifs, why trouble oneself; 
When from here its all quite prolific.

Amidst traditional music & movies ahead...
Carolers, gifts, and food as well;
For a moment, focus on the Savior instead,
And may His love within your family dwell.

On the Gusty Ridge Ranch it's my Luke 2:19 year -
Soon photos on the blog will arrive, sweet & bright... 
But, until then, Merry Christmas to all (said in cheer),
And to each one of you we wish a good night!

"But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart."   - Luke 2:19


5 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I love your family photo!
I loved receiving your card too.
You are an amazing woman and I love you like my own.

Hugs and love for a wonderful 2012

2browndawgs said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Loved the poem and the video. I hope 2012 brings you joy!

Wilson Family said...

Guess what we got on Christmas Eve?! A package from you!!! I was so excited when we opened it! You are awesome! Thank you so much, that was so kind and thoughtful I wasn't even sure how I could respond appropriately. But a big thank you and a Merry Christmas! I truly feel blessed to know you. You're amazing!
Xoxo
Shana

CB said...

I love the picture on your card! So excited it will be up on my window all year!
It was great to talk to you! I love your energy and your love for the people in your life - you are amazing!!

Heather said...

I loved getting your card! It made me happy!

What a great poem!

Spread Your Love For the Gusty Ridge Ranch

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Gratitude Accessed Here