3.17.2009

UPlifted & edifiED

















Tonight was an AWESOME Conference & Cocoa night! There was only a few of us (and I do mean 3 of us), but never underestimate the power of 3. The Spirit was strong, and the message was clear as we studied "Come to Zion" from Elder D. Todd Christofferson.
Have to admit, the entire talk was powerful-especially in this scripture, "We brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content" (1 Timothy 6:7-8). When we read this, it hit me like a ton of bricks! Really, I've got to let go more, and keep my life in perspective. All I really need is food to nourish my body & clothing to cover my body. Not gourmet & certainly not designer. The background noise of materialism really IS just static...nothing more. Its influence in my life only escalates as I increase its volume! I'm going to work more on not just turning the volume down, but eliminating that static altogether. Perhaps an additional step in my refining process this month? We shall see.
Only through ridding our lives of the static can we truly come unto Zion.



2 comments:

Jodi said...

Sounds like I missed a great night. I'm glad three of you were spiritually uplifted last night. Nights just don't work for me - with Mick going to bed at 6:30 pm and all. :(

Jan said...

You always inspire me to be better.

Spread Your Love For the Gusty Ridge Ranch

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Gratitude Accessed Here