11.13.2008

I stand all amazed....

I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE RESTORED GOSPEL OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. Commotion & chaos currently rule the world we live in...yet, I'm experiencing an undeniable peace. I love my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ. My soul delights in all aspects of His gospel, simple, plain, & precious...
  • A living Prophet of God: Prophets are leaders I know I can trust. They are so in tune with the Lord, and receive direction straight from Him in order to help us stay on the strait and narrow path of righteousness. (BTW: it's strait & narrow for a reason...like a ledge along a deep canyon-no room for any extra baggage, especially society's skewed political correctness...we should fear God, NO ONE ELSE)...
  • The holy scriptures: The Old Testament, The New Testament, The Book of Mormon, The Doctrine & Covenants, and The Pearl of Great Price. Without each one of these sacred resources we would be lost...
  • Priesthood power: There is calm in my life, knowing that my home and family are governed by a worthy Priesthood holder. Sickness may come, yet it is felt less. Fears may arise, yet they are quickly soothed. Doubt creeps in, yet it is immediately evicted...
  • Temple Work: I feel edified at church, but when I have attended the Temple I feel sanctified! My connection to the Lord is closer. I am closer to those I have been able to help who could not help themselves within their lifetimes. I remember who I am, and am more myself there than anywhere in the world...
  • Marriage & Family: Without my eternal companion, Seth, and my daughter, Daisy, I would be living a miserable earthly experience...followed by a not as promising eternity. My relationship with my Heavenly Father is most important to me. My marriage is everything. Being a mother is the most amazing calling ever. I truly feel that I am a partner with God through my intricate role in creation. Families, through righteousness & temple covenants can be eternal. Families are the central & most sacred unit of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Without these crucial elements of my life, it would not be worth living. The test would not be worth taking...
  • Service: I never come away from a service opportunity unchanged. Service affects me so greatly. Whether its a small, anonymous act of kindness, or a smile openly offered to a frown. I am never the same person after wards. More of the puzzle pieces of my life are in order, and I am more complete through service...
  • The Atonement & Baptism: I stand in gratitude & awe at the Lord's capacity to take away my sins, and to heal my spirit. The fact that I can repent and try again is so beautiful. It teaches me that He knows me well enough to have this part built into the plan already. He knew I'd need to "try, try again." I'm so thankful for that powerful experience we can each have every Sunday in Sacrament Meeting...where we can offer up our broken hearts & contrite spirits...where we can renew our baptismal covenants...where can recommit ourselves to Him...
  • The Plan of Salvation: Without a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, I would wander about life haphazardly...with no direction, without peace, lacking a profound connection (as a child) to my Heavenly Father. I would not be able to appreciate the magnitude of Eve's choice in the garden. I would not be able to fully grasp the power of the Savior and why His role was so vital to my life. I would not be able to recognize the importance of ordinances, keys, covenants, and furthermore, my purpose here on Earth...
  • Joseph Smith, Jr: His faith is a perfect model for me to pattern mine after. I know MANY 14 year old boys, and (sorry guys) most haven't the maturity or scruples to trust Heavenly Father & take Him up on his word "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that waivereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed." James 1:5-6. To retire to a grove of trees, to utter words of prayer despite the efforts of the adversary, to exercise his faith and follow the command of God and carry on despite great persecution...He is a hero; a prophet of the Lord, who took his responsibility seriously in restoring the gospel to the earth. He refused to quiet his voice when mobs demanded he withdraw the truth. He was valiant in all things, even unto the end, as he sealed his testimony with his blood...
  • Jesus Christ: He is our Savior. He lives! He loves each of us so dearly, that He took upon himself not only all of our sins, but our sickness, our physical pains, our mental pains, our emotional pains, & our broken hearts. By applying His Atonement into our lives, all can be healed. After taking that heavy load upon himself, HE, the only perfect one ever upon this earth, laid down his mortal life for each of ours. We have been ransomed. We cannot even begin to IMAGINE the debt we owe Him. "I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me
    Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me
    I tremble to know that for me he was crucified
    That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died
    Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me
    Oh, it is wonderful
    Wonderful to me...

    I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
    To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine
    That he should extend his great love unto such as I
    Sufficient to own, to redeem and to justify
    Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me
    Oh, it is wonderful
    Wonderful to me...

    I think of his hands, pierced and bleeding to pay my debt
    Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
    No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat
    Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet
    Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me
    Oh, it is wonderful
    Wonderful to me!" -"I Stand All Amazed",
    Hymns, #193 He walked the earth BEFORE...He lives NOW...He will return again SOON!
I cannot thank my Father in Heaven enough for all which he has bestowed upon me. My Lord has given me everything. He loves me. I was created in the sacred image of my Heavenly Parents. May I ever be worthy of these existing blessings and those Heavenly Father would have me further inherit. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

Jan said...

When I came back from being inactive, I could not get through this hymn without having to leave and go to the bathroom and bawl my eyes out. It is the hymn that puts it all in perspective for me and personal emotions of how I truly feel.

The word "restoration" was one of the words that really popped out at me through conference. Now more than ever, I realize the importance of it in these troubling times. It is for the now more than ever. A prophet needs to be speaking for our now, the scriptures of the BofM has to be read for our now, the priesthood has to be on the earth for our now, the temples are becoming more sacred to me now more than ever, but they are needed for the now, the sanctity of marriage and family is needed to be understood more clearly for the now. Restoration of the Lord's Gospel is our life line for our now. I am so grateful too Keely.

Spread Your Love For the Gusty Ridge Ranch

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Gratitude Accessed Here