- Butter both sides of a piece of bread.
- Place on skillet, set at medium heat & cut out center of bread with narrow cup or cookie/biscuit cutter.
- Crack farm-fresh egg into hole; salt & pepper lightly.
- Gauge when to flip toasted bread & egg over by coloring on back of bread cut-out.
- When ideally toasted to desire/egg is cooked to preferred hardness, remove from heat & place on plate.
- Garnish top of "Toad-in-a-Hole" with slice of fresh tomato, then some avacado, followed by another slice of tomato, dusted with some salt & pepper, and finally topped with the toasted circle cut-out.
- Sit back to admire your gourmet handiwork, then devour happily!
Posted by LKP at Thursday, June 28, 2012