- the many fun previews at the movies (ix-nay on the several appy-cray review-pays; bleck!).
- military discounts at the movies (wish it extended to cover refreshments as well, oy!).
- sharing laughs at the movies.
- seeing the Muppets back in the movies (lurve this flick! It was goofy just the way a Muppet movie should be, Kermit was just as green as ever, and the cameos were awesome... makes me want to put in Fraggle Rock episodes or Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas again, since I can't buy this new Muppets movie on DVD yet- it was THAT Jim-Henson-good).
- wasted time in the lobby, at the movies.
Each time I go, it feels BIG TIME, like the "Let's Go to the Movies" scene/number in "Annie" (the ORIGINAL Annie movie from 1982---one of the best films ever made! For the past 29 years, it has been one of my all-time faves. We even used to have it on laser disc! Do you remember laser discs?!!! Oh yeah, I AM that old, lol. Our family had Annie, The Red Shoes, Rocky, and Star Wars- New Hope, Return of the Jedi, & The Empire Strikes Back- all on laser disc. We were THAT cool!).
Mr. LKP has this magic way of making a night at the movies feel like I'm being whisked away from all my cares. He certainly knows how to soothe a tired old wife's nerves.
|(Feelin' right at home... man, Muppets are the bees knees!)|
|(Darth Maul is no match for MY Jedi Knight!)|
"Whatever you read, listen to, or look at has an effect on you. Therefore, choose only entertainment and media that uplift you. Good entertainment will help you to have good thoughts and make righteous choices. It will allow you to enjoy yourself without losing the Spirit of the Lord."~The First Presidency ("For the Strength of Youth Pamphlet," topic: Entertainment & the Media)